Wednesday, April 23, 2014

On the march

My last post was asking for help, and I got a fair amount. Thank you to those who gave suggestions. Perhaps the most important thing anyone engaged in a new venture can do is seek inspiration. When I think about why we should be teaching how to be creative, and that creativity is as much a part of science and engineering as it is in the arts and humanities, I come up with things like this.

What is a 3D printer? It is a device that can create practice models of cancerous organs so that surgeons can practice before they go in to do surgery on a patient. That is not the answer I have been giving to parents and colleagues who are unfamiliar with the technology, but it might be part of my answer now!

It is also a device that can print out a cube whose design you found on the internet.

You have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment